6 cards in a major suit, below opening strength
- Pass - either weak or long diamonds
- Major suit responses upto 4H are pass or correct. We randomise our choice eg 3-3 majors may easily choose to bid 2S or 3H.
- 2NT strong enquiry
- 3C shows both minors, GF. Now 3D sets diamonds, others set clubs
- 3D shows a hand of invitational strength that is insisting in playing in its own major. Now 3H = min with S, 3S = min with H, 3N = "bid your own major".
- 4C asks partner to transfer to (bid the suit below) his major. Could be a hand with long hearts intending to pass opener's 4H bid. Sets up a forcing pass.
- 4D asks partner to bid his major. Sets up a forcing pass.
- 4H is pass-or-correct. Does not set up a forcing pass.
- 4S is to play
After a double by RHO -
- Pass = mild suggestion to play
- XX = Asks opener to bid the major he hasn't got
- Major bids = Pass or correct
After a direct seat major suit overcall upto 4H, a double is "Pass or Correct". After a major suit overcall by 4th seat, double is pass or correct upto 4S if it is in the suit "bid" by responder, penalties in the suit not bid by responder, i.e. 2D-(P)-2H-(3H), P-(P)-X is pass or correct, 2D-(P)-2H-(2S), P-(P)-X is penalties.